Limit to the Anon Button?

I know this is an odd question, but I'm bored and the thought occurred to me during lunch today. I was thinking of how many times the question has been posted about getting rid of the anonymous button all together. Although I agree there are those that abuse the use of this button it also may have advantages for those that wish to ask a personal question without the friends/family they have on this site to know.

So, here's my question. Would people favor the anonymous option having a daily cap of 2,3,4, or 5 uses per day no matter if it's used to post or reply to questions? I know there are many that want it completely gone however I am doubtful this will ever happen. So, I was trying to think of an alternative that both those for and against the Cafe Mom’s Anon button would not mind. What are your thoughts? Is there a way to find a resolution that the majority will be fine with, or is it all or nothing?

Knightquester

Asked by Knightquester at 5:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i post anon because some of my questions are embarrassing either to me, my child, or my family. i respond anon because quite frankly i dont really want to see backlash that says Bernie19...you are a stupid young mother, you make no sense...blah blah blah because one mom found out that i was 19 and everytime i posted something she would respond "how do you know?" when sometimes i didnt know, but just answered with the common sense response. so i dont like to be judged anymore, i use the question mark as a shield!!
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes, I think you have way too much time on your hands. Who cares? If someone answers rudely, just ignore it. It's the way of the internet. If they do away with the anon button, you will have people just opening up fake accounts. So, what's the difference? No one should ever post any real information on the internet anyway and as an adult, you should realize this. If you believe the anon button should be done away with, I am asking you to post up your real name, address, phone number, etc.... that way we will know that you TOO are legit....Afterall, it's the only way to know for sure, right??
    Anonymous

• I just think you people need to get a life, who cares if someone uses the anon button. I don't blame them, there are some real whacko's on this site. I was threatened by some nut on here, she said she was going to hunt me down and kill my kids, now I always use the anon button.
    Anonymous

• I agree who cares
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes, I think you have way too much time on your hands. Who cares? If someone answers rudely, just ignore it.

That type of response is WHY people get fed up with anon posters! Oh look at me everyone. I can post anon and be rude about it. Lame.

Anonymous

• With the exception of the 2nd Anon's answer (yikes!), I think a cap is helpful for those immature users on here who like to post the same question on different boards anonymously.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• An answer is an answer.  You can take or leave it. 

Anonymous

• i ans. anon even if the question is what type of food do i like. I do that because i have a right to my privacy. Im never nasty or rude and only answer questions that i think i can help with. There are plenty of rude and nasty moms that do not post anon. how about them, she we limit them too? its just not fair. the last time I asked a question about flying on a plane and if i should have my son in a car seat i got emails from a lady that threated to call child protective services on me because i'm a horrible mother. all that because i've never flown before and didnt know if car seats were allowed on planes. after that, i've always posted anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• ***Yes, I think you have way too much time on your hands.***
    My lunch breaks are just that, breaks to sit back and rest, so yes at the time I made that post I had lots of time on my hands, thank you for noticing however not something pertaining to my post question.

***there are some real whacko's on this site. I was threatened by some nut on here, she said she was going to hunt me down and kill my kids, now I always use the anon button.***

That's horrible and a good reason to use the anon button, I'm sorry you ran into somebody that is so crazy, yes there are whacko's on here.

***I agree who cares ***

Apperantly you for answering the post, as for why I created it (Not that you asked), I already stated I was bored and it was a random thought that came to me :-)

***a cap is helpful for those immature users on here who like to post the same question on different boards anon ***

Wished there was a way to so
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• ***An answer is an answer. You can take or leave it. ***

I have no idea what this reply meant, sorry no response for it?

***There are plenty of rude and nasty moms that do not post anon. how about them, she we limit them too?***

I don't know if any limit should be done. My husband and I have created forums like this and to be honest we do not have the anon button, neither do the other sites we use, however I do agree there are more toxic people on this site. My suggestion was put out there for people like you who could give input and idea's or reasons to either change, not change, or to place restrictions on the anon button. :-)

***i post anon because some of my questions are embarrassing either to me, my child, or my family. i respond anon because quite frankly i dont really want to see backlash that says Bernie19***

You know with so many personal post that ask personal info I completely understand this the most, ty
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009