UGH STUPID HOSPITAL!

ok last Friday the Dr. told me he would induce me today at 9 p.m. well they called the hospital to make sure it was okay they said "they were down" no explanation just that so the Dr. told me come in on Monday morning at 8 a.m we will call the hospital and "fake" my labor (not knowing how this would work) i showed up anyway well the hospital again said "they were down" but with more explanation this time saying there baby monitor was down so if the baby was under stress or anything they couldn't tell so the post-poned it to Mid nite Wed. I'm so furious I'm so tired of being pregnant I got my hopes up for nothing I mean how can a hospital have something down thats so important I MEAN THEY ARE A HOSPITAL!!! I mean ya its only a couple of more days but i'm ready to see my little one already. Oh well I guess its better for the baby. Sorry just had to vent.

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow, you might be tired of being pregnant, but it won't last too much longer.
    You do know that being induced ups your chances of a c-section, right? Happened to me.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• yeah i heard the same that inducing can increase your c section by 40%. if you don't mind going through that then go get the csection and don't mess with inducing. although either way i don't see the hospital doing it if they are down. it is weird that they would be down like that cause their must be other moms out there that are pregnant that can't wait cause they are in labor. i understand about wanting to see your baby i'm dying too and we don't know what were having so it seems much more intense cause we want to know. although when my dr brought the subject of inducing i said no. only if i were late and the baby were in distress but i don't want to do anything out of natures natural way of birth. just doesn't seem right. i fear the chances or risks that come with bringing something to life the unnatural way. good luck though. maybe you'll go before then on your own. so they'll have to take you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I totally don't blame you for wanting to vent! If my hospital had told me that when I was expecting to be induced I would have been sooooo frustrated, to say the very least. I know EXACTLY how you feel about being late, and don't worry because it is just getting closer and closer to when you get to meet your little boy! When that happens you will be so happy girl. You just hang in there :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• High-tech does not equate better quality care. (Even the opposite with American maternity care.) Going to the place with all the bells & whistles sometimes means that the staff is *only* trained in technology~ they don't have hands-on training with normal care. This is a known disservice in maternity care-- harmful to babies and mothers.

So if they can't care for you and baby, at least they're honest. :- /

But you also have to consider that this is a place that is working with you to voluntarily put baby at risk. IMO, baby's safety is the priority.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Some info:

Some doctors say the monitor may cause unnecessary C-sections. According to data pooled from several studies that appeared in a bulletin issued by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, use of the fetal monitor, compared with stethoscope monitoring, increased the overall Cesarean delivery rate by 53% and C-sections for suspected fetal distress by 155%. The monitor also contributed to increases in the use of vacuum and forceps during delivery, the bulletin said. Vacuums and forceps are applied to a baby's head when the baby won't come out. The instruments may increase risk of injury to the baby during delivery. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119336003608672363.html?mod=hpp_us_pageone

EFM article

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• like you said, probably better for the baby. a blessing in disguise. i would just tell them you want to quit all the games and wait until you go into labor on your own. :) good luck!
    Anonymous

• I was told for 3 days I was going to be induced... just hang in there! and really, induction can be more painful and it takes longer... might as well see if it happend naturally. not what you want to hear I'm sure. but it'll be worth it soon enough! :)
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• According to your profile youre due Nov. 11. Is that correct? If so...I honestly dont know why you're even CONSIDERING inducing at this point?
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• yes, well i'm actually due November 7th now. But the dr. said its the best thing to do. and honestly waiting another week won't make much of a difference don't you think?
    maris1192

Answer by maris1192 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think a week makes a difference, cause just cause you are due in a week doesnt mean the baby will be ready in a week. Like, my DD was born on her own at 42w 2d and was still tiny. If I had induced a week early, it would've been over 3 weeks before she was ready. KWIM?
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2009