How do you get burned caramel out of a pan?

I have tried everything. Thanks for your help.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 5:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Cover the bottom of your pan with baking soda. Then add water to cover the burned on caramel. Set it back on the burner and let the water and baking soda boil the sticky goo loose. Just be sure to watch your pan so that it does not boil dry.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Did you try putting water in it and boiling it?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• well since its sugar it should be able to be soaked until the caramel starts melting out. but if not add some dishwasher detergent to the water and that should help break it up more. ummm and an sos pad if the pans not Teflon coated. GL!

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would buy a new pan. I am not kidding either. I have had that problem and couldn't get the burnt stuff out, no matter what I did.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I'm with tyfry. Sure, the methods can work, but how much time do you really want to spend on it? I'm normally all about frugality and making do, but some things just aren't worth hours of scrubbing, scraping, boiling, and repeating.

Unless it's a Calphalon pan. Those are practically worth their weight in gold!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 2:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009