Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if there is a faster way to get restitution money?

When I was pregnant with my oldest we were hit by a drunk driver. She owes us $14,000 in restitution money. She pays a $100 a month usually. Is there anyway to get her to pay it all, make her get a loan or something. I doubt there is I was just curious. In reality she actually doesn't have to pay it all, she is just on probation until she pays it. At the rate she is going we are all going to die before she pays it off and we could really use the money at the moment since dh was laid off for a couple of months this past spring.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • the MOST you can do i THINK is ask for a portion of her tax return...and i think that has to be up to her...NOT sure!

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

  • You would have to ask your lawyer and talk with a judge

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

  • What anon 49 said.

    Answer by 29again at 9:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.