House health care bill exceeds $1 trillion

Cost over a decade much higher than President Obama has set

WASHINGTON - Health care legislation taking shape in the House carries a price tag of at least $1 trillion over a decade, significantly higher than the target President Barack Obama has set, congressional officials said Friday as they struggled to finish work on the measure for a vote early next month.

Democrats have touted an unreleased Congressional Budget Office estimate of $871 billion in recent days, a total that numerous officials acknowledge understates the bill's true cost by $150 billion or more. That figure excludes several items designed to improve benefits for Medicare and Medicaid recipients and providers, as well as public health programs and more, they added.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33445376/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

HCR is already exceeding estimated costs. Does anyone really believe their taxes won't go up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have already established that liberals in DC(and even some here on CM) don't worry about being fiscally responsible. Even at a time when our nation is in economic distress Of course, they are too busy catering to their special interest groups with some of the LARGEST spending this nation has EVER seen. Surpassing all Presidents before him. If this plays out (with public option) ~This will be the FIRST time such a massive spending bill will have passed with entirely one sided votes.  They lost the last remaining 'R's with the public option.  They own this is all. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• NO as soon as this idiot was put in office I knew eventually my taxes would go up
    Anonymous

• We are within $200 billion of the national debt ceiling. BO has spent so much in his 1st 9 months that they will have to raise the ceiling by $2 trillion. The Congress still has to pass the Defense spending bill (about $800 billion) BO wants to give another stimulus and then the UHC. Where does he expect all of this money to come from. I guess it will fly out of his arse.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• There is NO WAY we won't see taxes going up. Increased taxes will stifle any economic recovery we may be able to achieve. Of course, if there IS NO recovery, all those unemployed people will stay unemployed, and then taxes will have to go up further to cover their lack of contributions. We will be spiraling down, down, down.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We have already established that liberals in DC(and even some here on CM) don't worry about being fiscally responsible.

and republicans do??? LMAO That's the funniest thing you ever said, I think I almost pee'd my pants, thanks for the laugh!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• mancosmama said it well. This will collapse the economy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

The economy was already collapsed, in case you don't read the papers or watch the news
    Anonymous

• Is this the same one with coverage mandates/fines and subsidies for health ins companies?

Hate it!

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• and republicans do??? LMAO That's the funniest thing you ever said, I think I almost pee'd my pants, thanks for the laugh!!

We aren't talking about Republicans and open your eyes, I am not a republican. I am a Conservative. Moreso a Libertarian, but I won't give my money to ANY party till they prove themselves to be TRULY fiscally Conservative..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• *sigh* There seems to be a head-in-the-sand, "someone else will pay for it" attitude lately.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2009