Divorce !

Me and my husband were married for 5 years and both had infedelitys in the marriage , well the last couple of years in our marriage our communication and respect towards each other just went down hill and ever since then it has just been shitty , We have been seperated for almost a year now and i am in the process of filing for divorce almost because in the years time that we have been seperated he does nothing to show that he wants to work out the marriage or is just being that stubborn , I asked him what he felt about me filing for divorce and hes like " I dont know , I care about you but i just have bad feelings" and its insane because he still does'nt make any attempt to communicate with me and all he wants to talk about is sex ..... I dont know what to do because we have 2 kids and we have never tryed marriage counseling ... What should i do !!?!?

AutismMom315

Asked by AutismMom315 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• The longer you are apart the easier it is to stay apart since you essentially grow apart so getting him to commit after this time separated might be a struggle but it's always worth a try to get counseling. Giving it one last shot is always worth the effort.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I think you should get a counsler
    Anonymous

• Thats partly how i feel because I live in Florida now and he is still in North Carolina , I have become settled in Florida but its like climbing Mt. Everest to get him to really talk about anything ... And i cant see just giving up without giving it all we got just for the simple fact of we have kids together and I just cant see giving up like that because you would be left with a feeling of never really truly knowing . And part of me feels that maybe hes lieing to me and knows and just does'nt want to tell me because alot of people tell me say if " If he really wanted to work things out he would have done so before now " but i have him telling me otherwise and i just dont see the point of lieing about it if he does know ... So confused and stressed lol
    AutismMom315

Answer by AutismMom315 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009