Has anyone's baby gotten h1n1 yet?

I've never been the type to worry about things like the swine flu, but now that I have a one month old baby I'm terrified he'll get it. Has any of your infants gotten it, and if so, how did they do? I may be over-worrying, but I'm so paranoid that he'll get it and die from it!

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• My whole family just got over the flu - presumably H1N1 (Local health dept says 98% of flu is swine) I have a 5 month old that was born 5 weeks premature and she also tested positive. I breastfeed so I didn't think she was going to get it but she did. Dr. started her on tamiflu as soon as she tested positive. She ran a low fever (no greater than 100.0, slight cough, runny nose - whereas my 5 year old had high fever, horrendous cough. She did awesome with it and all of us ran fever about five days and the cough lasted about 2-3 weeks.

lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 6:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my daughter is 9 months old and i just got told today thats probably wat she has but they quit running the test cause its missing a lot...so i have a sick little girl....so far shes doing ok just tired and running a high fever but nothing too awful yet...pray it gets better not worse
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I hope she gets well soon! My sons pediatrician said she just saw a 9 month old who had it and was fine. She said it's the newborns who it's dangerous to. I can't stop worrying he'll get it. My husband and I have been trying to find flu shots for orselves, but everyone is out, :(
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Breastfeed. :) Best thing you can do to help your baby through the flu if he/she gets it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• No one even gives seasonal flue shots to infants that young.

So plain and simple they won't let your baby get the vaccination at this age. They'll let you get it if your worried about exposing it to your child.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009