Do you think it is a good idea for moms of teen girls to talk about mastruabtion with them and buy thema vibrator?

http://jezebel.com/5207055/oprah-moms-should-buy-vibrators-for-teen-girls
I think its a wonderful idea... afet r all if its ok for boys why not girls.. and if they learn t do it for themsleves they wont need to rely ona boy to do it.. JMO

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know if i'd go as far as to buy her a vibrator ...maybe if she asked (wouldn't that be awkward? o.O)
    But masturbation would certainly be part of the discussion that goes along with the "sex talk". (which in our family isn't one big sit down surprise conversation but takes place of the series of time by answering all questions truthfully but age appropriately)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Talking to them about masturbation is ok I think. But buying a vibrator for your teen. NO. going a little to far to me.

Answer by louise2 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Girls can masturbate without toys... No, I would not buy my teenage daughter a sex toy. Also just because a girl masturbates doesn't mean she won't have sex infact in many cases it could backfire and cause the girl to crave the 'real' thing even more.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I feel like it is a fine idea. I think knowledge is power and wish my mom would have had a good discussion with me. I would buy a vibrator for her too if she asked.
    I only have boys so the point it mute I guess.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• kalebsmommee took the words out my mouth

even with my dh deployed it's still not the same, and i'm dying over here for him to come back :)
    Anonymous

• Talking about sex and masturbation is fine...I wouldn't buy her a vibrator...think of it...your daughter looses her virginity to a vibrator...that's a memory she will love.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Jademom07, you do not lose your virginity to a tampon do you? It is the same with a vibrator. Rolls eyes!
    Anonymous

• Anon :51...you also do not stroke a tampon in and out until you orgasm.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You don't with a vibrator either, most are for clitoral stimulation.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, I own several and a vibrator is a general term for any pleasure device that 'vibrates' thus can be used for clitoral or vaginal stimulation. Also the ones made for clitoral stimulation can also be used internally, such as the bullet
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009