How to convince a doc to help me!?

So as most of you know I have been having a lot of trouble with the pregancy! Well I went back to labor and delivery today! changed from 1cm yesterday to 2cm today. I keep telling these people that Im in a lot of pain and is there at least something they can do for that. While i was at the hosp. today i had a contraction go off the scale on the register and yet they still send me home! They all still keep telling me that the reason for my pain is because its my 3rd pregnancy which is total bs! I know that my baby needs to stay baking for a while longer considering im only 35.6 but can a girl like me get a little bit of relief!? Help me ladies with comments and your support it may help me through this!
Thanks

jami5

Asked by jami5 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your contraction goes off the scale it doesnt mean much besides your having a contraction

If you have barely any body fat your contractions would go off the scale even when they dont hurt
    when you have more body fat they may never go off the scale
    Anonymous

• The monitor means absolutely NOTHING! It doesnt have a set base line so depending on how hard your stomach is (basically fat versus no fat) the baseline will be higher up in the numbers so a contraction would APPEAR to be stronger for a thin lady than for a bigger lady. All that it is used for is to monitor the baby's heartbeat during the contraction, thats IT.

Going from 1 to 2 is great but doesnt necessarily mean anything. You could have one doc check you one second and another doc check you immediately after and one could say 1 cm and one could say 2 cm.

If you dont dilate more while you are in L&D then there is no reason for them to keep you:(
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I was 2 cm with DD from 35 wks until i finally went into labor at 42 wks! That really doesn't mean anything. I did have some pain but that was from her already dropping into my pelvis. Don't rush this. If the baby's not ready to come than it's not time. There's also not much they can do for the pain because after all you are pregnant. Just keep in mind that your baby still has a lot of growing to do, and in the end it will be all worth it!! Good luck!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• maybe you have a kidney stone? i had tons of them while i was pregnant, the pain was soooo bad it put me in labor several times. i had had them before so i knew from the first one that i was having them again. i spent my whole pregnancy on oxycodone and hydrocodone when the t-3 stopped working. when that wasn't enough i was on demoral in the hospital. have your doc do a blood/urine test to see if there is blood in your urine, sometimes it doesn't actually change color just bc there's blood in there.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Oh, Angelvil53 I feel for you - I had one huge stone when I was 7 months pregnant - I thought I was dying.

for OP - I also had contractions and a few false labors for the entire last month of my pregnancy...it stinks to be in pain without anything actually happening. My doc ended up prescribing some pain killers to get me through it...so you might just want to talk to your doc about some pain management treatment for now.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009