i have a mirena iud...is this normal?

I got a mirena iud put in 6 months ago. I know it's normal for the first few months for your period to be out of whack but it still is. I have been bleeding off an on like evry other day for the past 2 weeks and now my left breast is leaking fluid and since i had the iud it has done it before. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Ya that is all normal but you will lose your sex drive and fall into a deep depression that how it all happen with me do yourself a favor google mirena side effects and read every comment and all info that comes up and I will bet you understand what you just did 6 months to yourself.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry I am not trying to scare you but that is how it happened with me and I am just coming out of it all. I had mine removed the end of June.
    Anonymous

• so far i feel perfectly fine, no depression and have not lost my sex drive at all luckily
    Anonymous

• yeah i have had some people tell me they hated theirs and some loved it and heard some pretty awful stories of course not until after i had it put in though but thank you for your advice
    Anonymous

• keep in mind that it will take about a year to get your fertility back after taking it out.... I've heard a lot of comments about having a hard time getting pregnant after getting the Mirena IUD removed... But, the paragard isn't that great either. makes you bleed rediculously
    Anonymous

• The fertility answer is so wrong! People are all different when it comes to conceiving. I conceived the month after having mine out and we were careful.
    Anonymous

• I am not planning on having any more children for at least 5 years I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this while having the iud and if it is normal and i forgot to mention that the bleeding the past 2 weeks has been more of a brown color
    Anonymous