Having trouble with my pregnancy and Dr!!

I was diagnosed with a margenal abruption 4 weeks ago and 1 week later started leaking amneotic fluid. My job involves dealing with psychotic and very dangerous patients and after having a physcal altercation 2 days ago began cramping again. My Dr is leaving it up to me whether or not to return to work. Isn't that her job? Do I need a 2nd opinion?

bluejay19

Asked by bluejay19 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would get a second opinion.. but I think you should also be able to tell (By your opinion) On how you feel about going back to work.. It could be a good thing to get a second opinion, because if you feel like you could potentially be harming the baby in the long run.. Then I would seek extra advice so you know what to do.
    Anonymous

• i don't really see the problem, if she's leaving it up to you, why can't you just decide not to go back?
    Anonymous

• She is leaving it up to you since you know what you deal with daily and you would know if you want to "risk" it or not.
    Anonymous

• It drives me nuts that women think doctors are supposed to control everything. Trust YOURSELF and YOUR INSTINCTS! She is leaving it up to you because only YOU know if you you are pushing yourself too hard. She cant tell you that.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009