Loss of breastmilk

It seems like my breastmilk is barely letting down fast enough and there is barely any when my daughter trys to feed. Any suggestions or anyone experience anything similar. I keep feeling shes not getting enough or my milk is drying up!

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she still acting content after she feeds? Is she latching on properly? Is making her quota of wet and dirty diapers every day? Is she gaining weight? If so then you probably have no problem at all. Once your body gets in to it's feeding routine it may seem like there is a drop in supply when actually it has just stabilized it's self. Pumping should never be an indicator of how much or how little you are producing. Some people 'pump' better than others. I could never pump more than a half an ounce when my dd was 10 months old but when she fed on me she was happy and content. If you are still questioning whether or not your baby is getting enough then try contacting a local Lactation Specialist. Some Ped. offices even have one on staff.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Shes is a little fussy but she also just had a tooth come in so im not sure if its thats shes hungry or teething. shes latching on great just gets fusterated when it takes awhile to drop. Other than that she has enough wet diapers and everything.
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• how old is she?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• 3 months old
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• growth spurt just nurse nurse nurse, it will be over in a few days. and also is a good way to increase supply
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Sounds like a combination of growth spurt and your body adjusting to nursing - she wants more because she's growing, not because you aren't providing enough :) Keep nursing on demand and as long as she has enough dirty diapers each day don't worry!!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It could def. be a growth spurt and teething. Also try (when you can) before you are going to nurse relaxing for a few min and even some extra nipple stimulation before you start can help with slow let down.
    Anonymous

• lots of oatmeal :)
    Anonymous