This may or may not be a stupid question.. But I gotta ask.

I am 8 months pregnant and my back is hurting really bad, so I am doing a little yoga/stretching to help it. It works really well. I read somewhere the other day that some positions will make my baby turn. Like the "downward facing dog." My baby is head down, and has been. So I don't want to turn it. Does anyone know if it's pk to do the yoga without making my baby turn the wrong way?

I don't do a lot, because like with my first baby I may have this baby early, so I'm on light bed rest. Which means I need to lay down a lot, but can do some light activities. So my yoga is limited anyways, but I am worried I'll make my baby breech on accident. It's head is already rally low, that my cervix is starting to thin, can they come up after that process has started?

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yoga is to help the baby get into good position by aligning your body. It wont make the baby get into bad position. Does that make sense?
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes, the little buggers can turn even if you are 40 weeks and in labor. I've heard of downward facing dog....I'm sorry I have no idea if that's a good idea for your right now or not. I'm glad the yoga is helping a little!!1
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2009