Need help busgeting...

Ok my hubbys hours got cut in a major way and what I need help on is the best way to budget $55-75 a week on groceries. We are a family of three. Me my hubby and a teenage boy who is 13...

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• We spend $60-80 a week on groceries for two adults and a teen. Here are my best tips for saving at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Send me a message offlist if yoy would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Cut back on the meats, up the beans. Dried beans are CHEAP! Cuban black bean soup. Red beans and dirty rice (add some sausage for a cheaper splurge).

Make meals that morph: 1 whole chicken 3 ways-- Roasted chicken becomes chicken Caesar salads become chicken noodle soup
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• To add to the PP also try making things from scratch too. Pizza, bread sticks, even your own spaghetti.

Also, if you can put a little extra money aside for good food sales that you can stock up on.
    GOOD LUCK :)
    Anonymous

• try to use coupons for everything that you buy, it can be done. I make a list of all the things that we need, then i go online to the websites and see if they have coupons available, also try like coolsavings.com. sometimes you can get coupons for free items. today i got a free box of ronzoni garden pasta and 1 roll of paper towels. if your supermarket has double coupon days take advantage of it and use your coupons then. my market has double coupons everyday for coupons $.99 and under, so i love getting $.75 ones, thats $1.50 off. Buy store brand they are just as good as the name brand, expect imo mayo and ketchup, i prefer the brand name one, tastes better. But just see which is the better deal, store brand or name brand with coupon. plus the advice from the gals above.
    Anonymous