You think i would...

You think i would rather have pain meds or an epidural? lol im a big big big baby when it comes to pain and needles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the regular pain meds at first, and after that it didn't take long for me to request the epidural. I don't like needles either.. just don't look at ANY of the doctor's equipment. lol. that's what I did.. before they even brought his cart in I was turned away. I honestly didn't feel anything except the contraction that was going on at the same time. When he was done, i was like "I had myself all freaked out over THAT?!" lol
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Epidurals are very effective most of the time. It is rare for them not to work if they are correctly administered. Mine was great and numbed me totally from the waist down til 2 hours after I delivered. I didn't even feel the needle because 1 ) I wasn't picturing the needle in my mind and 2 ) I was closing my eyes and breathing, focusing really hard on trying to relax. Epidurals are not as bad as people make them out to be. Seriously. You don't even see the needle.
    Anonymous

• i have a needle phobia, and i decided to go without pain meds or epidural, and it was a good experience. i also thought i had a low tolerance for pain, but it wasn't nearly as painful as i thought it would be, although, to be honest, it was really painful. it's a big decision. just look up the benefits and risks of different drugs :) for example,

http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/epidural_risks

good luck
    Anonymous

• just don't look at the needle. that will scare you but since they do it in your back you shouldn't see it. what creeps me out about the epi is the feel of the cool medicine going down my spine.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009