If YOU were running for President...

What would your platform be? How would you lay out your priorities for the American people? Why would they vote for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My goal would be to restore the middle class.

Lower taxes for businesses. They can't grow when they are taxed at every turn. Offer incentives for companies to bring their jobs back to America. Create an environment so they will STAY in America.

Lower/eliminate entitlements. We will need some social programs. Most PA will not be needed because there will be jobs.

Strong military. There will be war, the question is our backyard or theirs. I choose theirs. Homeland security is paramount, therefore, I would enforce immigration law and secure our borders. LEGAL immigration would become easier and less expensive. I would fast track those that serve in the military.

The world would have to do without our billions of dollars in aid until our debt was gone and Medicare/Soc Sec were secure.

A number of amendments to the constitution would be repealed. I am very much in favor of a minimal govt.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• If I were running for President it would matter more who was in the legislative branch, as those are the movers and shakers. POTUS is a fool's job, especially when you don't have the ability to unite parties to come together for the good of the nation.

Anonymous

• TERM LIMITS, TERM LIMITS And MORE TERM LIMITS! NO CAREER POLITICIANS.

NO CORPORATE LOBBYISTS, NONE!

For real clear waste...Like WHY dont they have to pay for their health care and we do?? How many people here go to work and expect a FREE LUNCH (LITERALLY)?? Not too many huh? Bye bye catered free lunches

They can drive themselves, they should make whatever is the NATIONAL AVERAGE SALARY.....

NASA can take a backseat for at lease 4-6 years (all but essential)

Military = home...we still have people in Viet Nam...WTF?

If the world then decides that there is a real threat, they can step up with some REAL HELP
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The world would have to do without our billions of dollars in aid until our debt was gone and Medicare/Soc Sec were secure.

Agree with this!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If I were president I would give our country back to God
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 2:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Making illegal drugs legal, and taxing the heck out of them. That way, the idiots who still choose to pay for them will also get our country OUT of debt.

The top on my list would be making marijuana legal. Then I'd be elected under promises to eliminate this country's debt.
    Anonymous