Instead of 3 cans of Evaporated Milk I accidently bought 3 cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk...What can I make with that?

I was in a hurry and didn't pay attention to what I was grabbing....

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 8:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Fudge! Make up a huge batch for Christmas and give to all your friends and neighbors. It'll keep til then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/results2.aspx?keyword=&categoryid=,3143&searchtext=%20No%20preference,%20Sweetened%20Condensed%20Milk

There are a bunch of recipes to use your sweetened condensed milk.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I do that every year at Xmas when I make fudge, you'd think by now I'd have it down , but I screw it up every time. FYI stores will let you come back and exchange it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Mmmm, this time of year it's great as a caramel dip for apple slices! Just cover the can with water in a pot, bring to a boil and keep it boiling gently for 3 hours. KEEP COVERED WITH WATER! Remove from heat, leave in the water until cool. The sweetened condensed milk will turn to caramel!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It is also super delicious in coffee!
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes. Very rich but so good. Cream cheese pie. You take 2 8oz bricks cream cheese and blend with one can sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp lemon jice. Mix well and pour into a graham cracker or oreo cookie pie crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Top with cherry or strawberry pie filling, or for a healthier option you can top with fresh berries.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I always have condensed milk around my house all the time. If you like Thai tea you can mix condensed milk into the tea. If you have an Asian food store near-by get a Thai tea powder from the tea aisle. Or check the internet where to get it. There are so many different brands of Thai tea powders. Go to this link to get an idea how to make it. It's actually very simple.
    http://importfood.com/thaiicetea.html
    LydLyd

Answer by LydLyd at 1:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• http://www.eaglebrand.com/

(lot of ideas here)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oh yikes---you spent a lot of money too! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sweet Potato Pudding
    6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2/3 cup dark brown sugar
    2/3 cup white sugar
    4 eggs, beaten
    2/3 cup orange juice
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash.
    In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, orange juice and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared dish.
    Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes.
    Notes: instead of the sugar and orange juice, I use ½ can of sweetened condensed milk; instead of the vanilla I use a really good dark rum. If you use rum be sure to taste it frequently to make sure that it has not spoiled.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009