Baby possibly exposed to Swine Flu

I was over at my parents house for about 5 minutes on sunday with my 2 month old baby. My mom had taken my little sister to the doctors because she had a fever. while I was there the baby was held by my sister and my dad. my mom called me today and told me not to come over for a month because there's a case of swine flu- most likely meaning my sister. should I take the baby to the doctors now to get checked or should i wait and see if there's symptoms?

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 8:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• omg i would be freaking out if i was you. i would call your dr and see what he thinks and dont go around her or anyone that lives there for a while. you can hold germs even without symptoms. this is not a joke. shes not being paranoid. healthy kids & people are dying from this. i dont give a shit what anyone says, this is not like the regular flu. please let me know what happens, if she gets it, if shes okay etc. im going to friend request you. thanx. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• why a month?! i'm curious as to why she said you cannot go over for that long.
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I'm assuming because she's paranoid and she expects the sickness to go through the whole family (7 people)
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 9:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would wait until symptoms arise. Because of the baby's age, I would go in the very first symptom right at the beginning.
    momtoezzie

Answer by momtoezzie at 12:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Just keep breastfeeding her; this is the best way to keep her immune system strong.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2009