• In the Spotlight:

Have a significant other, who doesn't help you or take care of you when your sick?

Everytime I get sick, I have to beg him to get medicine, pick up around or daughter, or anything. He doesn't ask me if I need anything, he doesn't check on me, if I'm laying down. He argues with me when I ask him for anything! When it's him, of course he expects to be treated like a baby. I have been sick for two weeks, and not one time has he done anything, but call me bitchy. I constantly have to call my mom to bring me soup and gatorade, and medicine, because he want do it without a struggle.

cwaters13

Asked by cwaters13 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You are not the only one. I had this fight with my DH tonight. I pulled a muscle in my neck last night and today can't move my neck or left shoulder/arm without a great amount of pain. I asked him to bathe the kids and he came up with every excuse not to help and then just started yelling and went to bed-at 7. I need to sleep and if not sleep sit still-but no I had to do everything with the kids tonight-while in horrible pain. If I am sick hurt or when I had surgery a few months ago-i have to ask neighbors, friends and my mom for help. It is bad when everyone around us asks how they can help if I am sick or after my surgery bc they all knew he was not going to watch the kids or help me. I love him-but not when I am sick.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Once you become a mom, everyone in the house acts childish:) Get well soon!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• sorry to hear that. It's makes me scared to have anything really bad happen to be, like a long term illness. I don't think I would put up with it. I agree it's pretty sad when family members help, knowing he's around.
    cwaters13

Answer by cwaters13 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• you are not the only one ..i been sicker thana fricken dog lately and have to get up with the kids and clean ect..and like today all iwanted was an extra 30 minutes in bed but nope hubby whined and had a fit so i had t get up then he went back to bed...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2009