Do you have a significant other who doesn't take care of you when your sick?

Everytime I get sick, I have to beg him to get medicine, pick up around or daughter, or anything. He doesn't ask me if I need anything, he doesn't check on me, if I'm laying down. He argues with me when I ask him for anything! When it's him, of course he expects to be treated like a baby. I have been sick for two weeks, and not one time has he done anything, but call me bitchy. I constantly have to call my mom to bring me soup and gatorade, and medicine, because he want do it without a struggle.

cwaters13

Asked by cwaters13 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds to me like a double standard and he seriously needs to stop acting like a A-hole ! Because its 50/50 or nothing at all .
    AutismMom315

Answer by AutismMom315 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My boyfriend is a total angel when I'm sick. When he's sick, I know I'm not nearly as caring as he is. My dad is the same way, we just can't handle sick people. I'd get medicine or run any sort of errand needed/wanted, just to stay out of the house. I can't baby him though, but he will me, I don't know why I can't. I don't see why your SO can't be bothered to do anything for you when you can't though. I don't know what to tell you to help. My ex-h was the same way, I couldn't even find him when I was on bed rest. I had to take a taxi to get medicine because he took our car and left a wrong number in case of emergencies. A couplel times when I was sick he dropped me at the ER door and disappeared for a couple hours. The day I came home from delivering DD, he had me watch his nephews and our new daughter alone so he could hang with his brother. He's just selfish and it sounds like your SO is too.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I wish I could tell you that I feel your pain but my husband takes care of me wonderfully when I am sick. He learned from his dad. His dad was his mom's sole caregiver after she was diagnosed with cancer and he cared for her until she died from her cancer. He fed her, he gave baths, he changed her bedding, he gave her her meds, etc.. My husband has always been there for me. I have had 4 C-Sections, a surgery to removed a thyroid cyst and a thryoidectomy and my husband was there for me trhough recovery from all 6 surgeries. He is awesome.
    Anonymous

• My SO is in the middle. If I'm sick, he'll take care of the kids, feed them and change diapers. As for the "taking care of me" part, he doesn't do it! I have to ask for eveything too, and usually end up making my own soup and getting my own medicine.
    Anonymous

• No, but I have a president that wants to take care of me , with this stupid socialist 3rd world health care ,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I took care of my husband during FOUR surgeries AND a fractured leg before we got married, yet when I had ONE surgery scheduled (and did it) he was PISSED that he had to give up playing Volleyball to take care of me for a few weeks!
    EBeauty03

Answer by EBeauty03 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my hubby is the same way its like a hassle to get me some medicine or crackers but when he is sick he is "dying" ha
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010