renewing vows

My husband and I have been through a lot these last year of the only two years we've been married. We've separated several times and come close to divorce. I have been thinking that now we are doing better I want to do a renewal or something of the sorts. Kind of a fresh start. Do you think this is a good idea?

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• after 2 years I think you should wait. People usually do that at 10 or 20 sometimes even 5. But I've never heard of it at 2 years
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It would be a great idea, but I wouldnt get carried away....maybe a trip out of town to a chapel....just the two of you. No family or anything....thats not the point of this renewing of vows. The point of this would be for you two alone to start fresh....;)

Just make a weekend get away...;) Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Great idea! I don't think that you should get everyone involved buy maybe something just the two of you would be awesome.
    Anonymous

• It is a very personal thing. But because of that you need to do it for the reason that fits the two of you and and the time that works for you. (Because of your reason, maybe now is the perfect time.) Maybe you could make it a family thing and involve your children if you like to really reinforce the fact that you are all together now or if you want it to be just the two of you and really romantic, by all means go for it. But whatever you do, make it yours, make it special, and have fun with it!
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2009