Which brand of bottles did you like the best and why? What were the worst?

I'm trying to figure out which brand of bottles to try/use for my daughter, who is due in december and will be breastfeed at first...assuming I don't have complications with bf. I'd love advice on which brands worked for you and which didn't.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 9:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i use the Playex VentAire Advanced for her formula since I mix n a bit of cereal they work perfect. I also use the Parents Choice from Walmart (3 for like $2.98) and they are really good.
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I really liked the playtex nursers and the gerber version. I enjoyed the convience of the bag and my kids (who were breastfed) took better to the wider nipple and the flow of the nipple. The advent wide nippled bottles always had to fast of a flow for them.
    Anonymous

• I really like the Playtex VentAir bottles. They are really sturdy, and they are easy to clean. I also like the Parent's choice bottles, from Wal-Mart. They are decent for the price. The only problem I have found with the Parent's Choice bottles is that the nipples have these little spots where dirt can get in.. somehow.. and it's difficult to clean if it is dirty in there.
    The bottles that I have used that I really do not care for are the really cheap ones at Kmart.. I am not sure what they are called, but they have animals on them and say "I am a hippo" and such down the side. The nipples that come with them are great.. but the bottles are really cheap, and if the baby is really eating good out of it, the bottle like colapses a little bit, like a soda bottle would for us, does that make any sense? I think they are evenflo.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• PLAYTEX nursers
    mama63640

Answer by mama63640 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• the playtex ventair. i tryed almost all of them and these helped the most with my sons reflux.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 9:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I use the playtex vent air. They are great. Havent had a problem yet. When my daughter was being release from the NICU those are the bottles they suggested. So those are the ones I went with. Great Bottles! Good Luck Momma!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• gerber plain bottles. they worked great and were leak proof!
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 10:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I mostly breastfed and gave the occasional bottle in the beginning. I really didn't get the breastfeeding down comfortably though until I swtiched to the Playtex Drop In System with the Natural Latch Nipple (brown ones...not the clear ones). Once we started using those, we went back and forth from breast to bottle with no issues at all. I also babysat a baby that was breastfed and she preferred the same type of bottle/nipple. Oh, and the generic store brand bottle liners are just as good and they're often half the price. Good luck breastfeeding!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i hated playtex drop ins cuz i hated buying drop ins. diapers and wipes and formula are expensive enough without constantly paying for drop ins. i tried dr browns brand and they are great because they don't let the baby drink in any air bubbles and get gassy, but if they are ever tipped over in the diaper bag, the leak like crazy. the brand of bottles i have settled on and like the best are the parent's choice from walmart. they are ur basic cheap ones, $3 for 3, but for a newborn it might be too much air bubbles. I always wanted to try the gerber nuk brand, the nipples are supposed to be closest to the breast, but they are kinda expensive. i tried soothie bottles and i like those, but the nipple shape is a little awkward, like hard to get in their mouth. u might just wanna try buying one of a few different kinds and see what works
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I breastfed (well, am still breastfeeding the youngest) and gave the occasional bottle. My daughter used the palytex ventaire bottles - they are the only ones we tried with her and while she never loved taking a bottle, she would do it. My son put up a fight - we tried the ventair, soothie, nuby, dr. brown, and avent and he refused all of them. We finally tried one called the adiri natural nurser, which has a top that is shaped like a breast, and he loved it - so much so that he gets just as excited about seeing that bottle as he does about pulling my shirt down to nurse :) The down side to the adiri bottles are that they aren't cheap, which is why we didn't try them first.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2009