Tooth Pain...

My tooth started hurting about 4 days ago, all I had was ice, eventually I "froze my face" to stand the pain. Orajel worked for 1 day and then stopped, then I got some benzodent which worked for a day and then stopped. Clove oil for the moment is working for an hour at a time. I just don't know what to do and don't have the money to go to the dentist, Any suggestions??? Anything out there I might could try to kill the pain?? It hurts so bad I have started thinking about trying to pull it out myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• I have been told to bite an original alka seltzer...with the offending tooth. A lot of people I worked with at a factory swore by it to keep from missing work days. .
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Don't play around with tooth pain. An infection could travel easily to sinus or elsewhere. Ask your doctor if they know of a dentist that would work inexpensively or let you pay over time.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I agree with Bmat-if it is an abcess and doesn't need a filling you can't mess around with something like that. Pulling it may not even take care of the problem. Most dentists have payment plans nowadays and if you don't have insurance ours gives us a discount. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• you cant ignore this, you need to see a dentist like yesterday! Dentist will take payment plans.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• if the pain is throbbing it's already infected and you must get some antibiotics asap i know how hard it is to get to the dentist it's out ragiously expensive so i understand why your trying to do what you can now but you have to try and find a dentist that will let you do payments or even get a credit card through them which is just terrible i know but you gotta do what you gotta do! im sorry for your pain i do feel you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you have a doctor that you have went to for a while he would probably call you in a prescription for an antibiotic and maybe for the pain. Those are usually cheap. I live in Oklahoma and there are several places (Reasors and Wal-mart) that will give you free or cheap antibiotic if you have a prescription. I have also taken ibuprofen and that helps with the swelling and used a heating pad. Good Luck girl! I know how bad that hurts!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2009