Infant Survival Rate???

Ok so I am nearly 29 weeks, and am wondering how much of a chance my baby has if born next week on the fifth? Or Dec. 4? Or Jan. 4?

No I am not willing him to come out, but I have been having a lot of issues recently, that make me think he is gonna come out sooner rather than later. I am just wondering, nothing serious or anything of course. Just the dates I would feel the most pressure, and anxiety/depression..

Nov. 5 is my deceased fathers birthday, Nov. 22 is the day he died.

Dec 4 is his fathers birthday, and Jan. 4 is my sisters birthday..

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually. you are LESS likely to have the baby on dates when you are depressed or upset. Think about it from the standpoint of evolution/survival of the fittest/nature. Your body will not voluntarily have your baby when you have negative feelings, because it doesnt feel "safe". Just like a mama zebra is very unlikely to give birth with lions circling. Does that make sense? I'm not sure that I explained it clearly. That's why relaxation during labor is so important.

Also, I'm not saying this is going to happen to you. I dont know you or your symptoms at all, but I was CERTAIN that I was going to have my DD way early. My midwife even made me quit working at 34 wks. And guess what? I had her at 42w 2d! To answer your other question: My nephew was born at 28 wks. He weighed 2lb 3oz. He is now 8 years old and 100% perfectly healthy!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• sorry i don't now the answer. have you tried googling survival rates of preterm babies? best wishes! i hope you can keep baby in there until 40 weeks =) everyday counts!
    Anonymous

• I know he'll be here sometime around 38 weeks, because, of the fact he is breech and i have had a previous section.. They said they would do it that early if nothing medical, like how he is laying making it hard to walk already.. I make big babies so im sure he'll be here by my sis's birthday which is acceptable. My mom says then, and she is pretty accurate. She was with my dd. I just wondered if he was to come out if he'd have a good chance at making it.. Jan 4th though i know he will make it he will be 38 weeks..
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Well I can tell you from experience. My son was born at 29 weeks gestation due to pre-eclampsia and my doc gave him a 90% chance of survival, but that of course is with medical assistance. He only had to be vented in the NICU once, and the rest of the time he was either on CPAP or O2. He only weighed 2lbs 2oz at birth, but he's almost 2 1/2 now and very healthy and one the happiest little guys ever!
    lilmisswendy84

Answer by lilmisswendy84 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009