A QUESTION FOR JEHOVAH'S WITTNESSES

Where in the Bible does it say that Michael the archangel and Jesus Christ are the same person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP here The Bible clearly states that Jesus is God so if the Bible says that Jesus is God and that we are to worship him and it doesn't say anywhere that He is Michael the arcangel what do you Jehovah's witness' follow the Bible or man's teachings. I see that the JW lady from yesterday completely disregarded the scriptures showing her straight from the Bible that Jesus is God. Do you follow God's word entirely or just pick and choose certain scriptures to follow that suit your religion. You might think that I am being mean but I am just trying to help you the Bible has been around longer than the watchtower and why does your prophecies never happen because it is all wrong Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies while he was here... I know how hard it is to leave that corruption I just wish you ladies would open your eyes and see the truth
    Anonymous

• Not a JW but studying with some and here is my understanding. There are numerous passages that refer to Michael doing/leading things then later on it reads that Jesus will be doing the same thing, therefore the inference is that they are one and the same. The example I have written down for that is Rev 12:7-12 and rev 19: 11- 16. I am only just starting to study the bible so I am not entirely sure what else there is.
    Anonymous

• Rev. 17:14, KJV These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God.
    Anonymous

• Revelation 22
    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
    Hebrews 1:6
    And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    Anonymous

• Isaiah 9:6- For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... 1:14- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,
    Jesus Christ is the Word
    Anonymous

• 2 John 1:7- For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    Anonymous

• here's another scripture,

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (New International Version)

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• anon 11:35
    That verse is just saying that the Lord will come down with the voice of the archangel (trumpet) IT DOES NOT SAY JESUS CHRIST WHO IS GOD IS ALSO Michael THE ARCHANGEL DID YOU EVEN READ THE SCRIPTURES THAT YOUR PREVIOUS ANON POSTERS POSTED. THEY ARE ALL SCRIPTURES PROVING THAT JESUS CHRIST IS GOD
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• are u screaming at me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Anonymous
    are u screaming at me?

I think she is desperately trying to help you. IMHO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2009