2 YO wont go to bed

I am trying super nanny technique and it wont work. I do the same thing everynight. I lay her down and she come out and thinks it is hilarious. She is an angel except at night. I lay her down and tell her to go to bed two time, then I dont say anything and lay her down. The longer she does it the more energy she gets. I am 5 months pregnant and it kills me to carry her in her bed over and over and it gets to a point where she is out of her bed before i get out of her room after a while. She was a great sleeper until she started climbing out of her crib and now she is in a big bed. I have tried allowing her a book, an animal, nothing, giving her a night light, no light. Every combination of those things. i have tried a sticker chart with a reward. This has been going on for months. I need her to go to bed or I am going to fail out of nursing school cause I cant study. Please help

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I about lost my mind with my firstborn. Just keep doing it. I don't know how long it was - 6 months maybe. He is now 3 1/2 and he is the best sleeper!!! He stays in bed almost every night!! It does get better - it may just be longer than you wished. Soory I am not much help.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• my daughter is the same way she is 2 as well and i have a hard time..my doctor told me to try putting her in her room and shut the door and you stay in there with her..ignore her and sit right by her bed but dont say anything..its been working for my daughter she is fast asleep in like ten mintues...we are now trying to get her to bed on a earlier time since she thinks that she needs to not go to bed till like 2 am but its been 12 so its getting better hope it works for you as well..good luck
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 10:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I had the same problem and did just as SPCarmywife suggests. We'd go through the usual bedtime routine, put him to bed and leave the room, closing the door behind us (we put a knob protector ont he door so he couldn't open it). If he settled, great. If he didn't we'd let him protest a bit (see if he could work it out himself), then would go back in, put him back in the bed and sit in the room. We'd say nothing other than to warn him if he got out of bed, we were leaving. If he got out, we left and the we'd repeat the cycle. Otherwise we'd stay until he fell asleep. It took several weeks but eventually we walked out one night and he didn't complain. One other suggestion, may sure your child is tired and ready for bed. If you put her down too early, the problem gets worse (at least in our experience). Good luck!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2009