2 month vaccinations..

my son had his vaccinations today :( i was really hesitant to get them done so early, but i ended up just having them give 5 separate vaccinations instead of the HUGE combo vaccine. my office had them ALL combined into one, and then the rotovirus drink. that's insane. i figure if there's a chance of any type of adverse effect, autism especially, why risk it. what route did you guys take? to vaccinate or not to vaccinate?

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm confused. Didn't she get all the shots anyway? What's wrong with less needles?
    Anonymous

• my three year old has all of her vaccinations right on time. The only one we didnt get was the rotovirus drink
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• we vax, but i'm telling you now, this question is about to open a HUGE debate...just a warning.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• the combo vaccinations contain mercury..so i went the separate route just in case.
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 10:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• we get them. there is no scientific evidence showing a connection to autism, no matter the hype. doctors really want kids to get their vaccinations, they don't want cerrtain diseases shwoing back up over a false theory of the autism thing.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• missbreezy that's ultimately why i decided to get them. i don't believe 100% either way if it would cause autism or not, but if theres a possible link between mercury and autism..i figured why take the chance. i do want him to be safe and protected. and i'm certainly not judging anyone who chooses differently, to each their own. just curious to see what others have decided :)
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 10:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• my girls are all on time with their shots..my daughter just got her 2 month shots last month she got the rotovirus and then her shots in her legs shes due for more next month....ive never heard about anything leading to autism...so im sure its not true
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 10:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son is vaccinated. Up until now he has gotten like 4 or 5 at a time during each visit. After his 2 month vaccines he ran a fever for close to a month and a half after his vaccines. He ended up being hospitalized because they were trying to find the cause of the fevers but never did. After his 4 month vaccines he ran a high fever again for about 2 or 3 weeks. I made the connection to the vaccines and for his 6 month vaccines, I asked them to be split up so he did not get more than 2 at a time. He received 2 at his first visit about 3 - 4 weeks later he had rest of them. He did fine- no fevers! I am a believer in vaccination because I don't think there is enough solid proof to support the autistic theory but I do know that there is a link to mercury. If you request single dose vials be used for your child's vaccinations, that cuts down on mercury content BIG TIME.
    RNmama09

Answer by RNmama09 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2009