What are your thoughts of the dancing girls in hip hop videos?

My cousin was picked to be one and I'm worried that it's a bad career/life move for her. On the other hand I'm excited for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let her enjoy. She knows the deal with the singers. They are usually professional and don't drink on the job . They will ask for a drink and a dance at a club. She should be prepared to deal with it. It's her life. GL to your cousin. Peace out to your gurl and congrats.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't know . . . I just know that I'm going to shelter my daughter from those videos for as long as I can.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I watched a documentary on video girls. It was a lot of partying, sex, and other stuff. I guess as long as you are ahead of the game and don't get caught up in it. I say if you get picked great, but don't expect a long lasting career of it, they come a dime a dozen. Me personally, I am not into the way some videos portray women as property, objects, and status symbols. It's not a good example for our young girls to be taking on. We are objects and have to put ourselves out there. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i saw a segment on one of the music channels about a girl that was a dancer that all the rappers wanted and that is not a great career move. alot of them sleep around to get jobs. plus all the drugs and booze that she'll be exposed to.try to talk her out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think they dress whorey in the videos. I'd never encourage anyone to do that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2009