single and have a child

ok well i just had a baby 2 mths ago and she is my world. her father wants nothing to do with her so its really hard on me, well my mother decided that since im only 20 she is going to try and take her from me to let me live, but i dont want that and im so sick of her trying to tell me how to live my life, iv had it really rough so far b.c im so cautious of relationships now b.c of what my ex did to me, iv been talking to this guy for about 6 mths now and we r taking it slow. i know i deserve to be happy but im just scared. me and him have been through alot he was there when i was preg and he really likes me we got together for about 3 wks and said i love u and it was going way to fast so we broke up and decided to take it slow. i just feel alone and like nothing i do is right. what should i do?? give him another chance i really like him and he loves my baby. i just wish my mother would stop trying to control me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Give it a try what could it hurt. Just explain to him you don't want to move too fast. As for your mom, maybe you two should talk also. Let her know how you feel.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• yes give it a try, but you and your baby come first and if he just seems too much, don't do it. and make sure he loves YOU and not just baby... don't make it a Jerry McGuire scenario!

As for you mom, she can't legally take baby from you anyway unless you are a truly bad parent. Tell her to lay off if she wants to be involved with the grandchild. tell her YOU love this baby like she loves you, maybe more!, and you have no intention whatsoever of handing your child over to her.

you can't control what she says though, so just STAND UP to her BIG TIME!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• give try u never know what ur missing out on
    Just-tina03

Answer by Just-tina03 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Give the guy a chance if he is nice and treats you well. Don't be too hard on mom. She's just trying to help but be firm with her and tell her thanks but you want to live your own life with your child. We old moms mean well. Just set us straight and it will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'd say give the guy a chance, but on your terms. Your child should always come first, but then you come after that, and then your boyfriend. It sounds like you've been hurt a lot, and from what I understand in your question, your boyfriend has been hurt to? So just be careful that you both aren't getting in the relationship for the wrong reason. You shouldn't be looking for a person to fill voids.- not saying that's what you're doing.
    The issue with your mom, she doesn't have any rights to your child. Stand up to her, but be thankful that she is in your life. Tell her you appriciate her willingness to step up and help. But it's your child . If she doubts your ability to be a good parent- prove her wrong.
    luvububee

Answer by luvububee at 1:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009