How did you transition from breastfeeding to bottle when you returned to work?

I'd love to hear other mother's experiences with returning to work with a breastfeed baby. Did you continue bf? Did you do both or just switch to formula?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Returned to work at ten weeks. Bottles were no big deal at all; let someone ELSE itro them when you're not there.

Pump once for every three hours away from baby, and once in the morning WHILE nursing...pump one side baby the other. Baby needs an ounce per hour of separation. More's fine but don't sweat it.

I nursed to 26 months. Dumped the pump at one year.

You don't need one drop of formula. Really.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We introduced the bottle early so that he would take it when I went back to work (my niece wouldn't take a bottle because they waited too long) We did 1 bottle at night (by daddy) so that my son would continue to take a bottle (and I got a little extra sleep)
    And then I pumped at work and he got expressed milk when I was working and breastfed when I was at home.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My baby does formula at daycare and breast at home. He took the bottle with no problem and actually enjoys the formula. We had to supplement because he was underweight and not gaining well, he has grown so much in the past few weeks! I do pump, but this far it has all gone in the freezer only 4-5 oz a day.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009