i thought you were supposed to be more fertile after having a baby. were you?

I had baby number 1 without having much problem. I wanted to have another under a 2 year age difference. Well, he's 14 months now and i'm still trying. I'm about to go over the two year mark (which i now isn't the end of the world) but why am i not getting pregnant again. I know i can bc of the first. has anyone had more trouble getting pregnant the second time without being fertile myrtle? ughghhgh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Some women ARE fertile immediately, but many are NOT. Your body is telling you that it's not ready for another pregnancy....pregnancy is hard on your system and under a two year difference is often NOT recommended.

Go get a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• just hang in there and keep trying. think of all the money you're saving on birth control lol. i know not very consoling but i would just keep trying
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• No, I was not. Sometimes you become more fertile, but sometimes it works the opposite way. It gives your system a jolt due to the fluctuation of hormones, and this can work to your advantage or to your disadvantage. It may not even work in the same way for after every pregnancy. It's chaos!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My first one was very easy to conceive. I got pregnant with him immediately(as in within a month) after I stopped taking birth control. Our second took three years and clomid to conceive. So you are not alone!
    My suggestion to you though would be to see a doctor to make sure everything is alright. I was getting no where in my TTC journey until I saw the doctor and they diagnosed me with PCOS. After we knew what was wrong we knew what we needed to do to help us conceive.
    Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!
    crystalchu

Answer by crystalchu at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would go talk to your doctor if it's been that long because there is what's called secondary infertility where you can become infertile after having a successful pregnancy. At least this way you'll be able to rule anything out and continue along in your journey.
    alexanddaxsmom

Answer by alexanddaxsmom at 2:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• yes, hubby and I have been trying for #2 for almost 2 years.
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009