This has been asked a million times but i honestly don't know--my iud fell out yesterday and i think i may have gotten pregnant, but how long should i wait to test? I can't afford to go to the dr

i have heard some ppl say 2 weeks, some say 4. the thing is, when i had the iud, i didn't have periods, so i don't know when i should expect a period so i dont know if i'm missing one. i had sex right before the iud fell out, so i dont know if i could be pregnant? would that show up in 2 weeks with a store bought test? i want to find out cuz i cant have sex until i find out and if im not, get some birth control

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are pregnant you should be able to tell in 2 weeks. So take the test then. It takes up to 10 days for implantation and then a few days for the hcg levels to rise to a detectable level.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• A home test will show pregnancy as soon as ten days past ovulation.

you can also go to PLanned Parenthood; they'll test you and help with the IUD issue.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• just use a condom for now. Hcg hormone doesn't usually pick up until about 4 weeks on tests, however with first response and similar tests you can detect it , well at least with me, I was about 2 to 3 weeks along but the positive line was very faint. But I took three tests and they were all really faint. My periods have never been regular so I would just test anyway. And I'd keep testing until I knew for sure.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'd go get the morning after pill to be safe, if you can't afford to go to the Dr then you probably can't afford to have a baby right now. The morning after pill prevents conception from taking place.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• there is no planned parenthood here, im in a very small town. my hubby cant use a condom we tried it doesnt work. i called my dr to see if they would replace the iud or if maybe i should go on the pill, but i wont do anythign until i know if im pregnant or not. the dr has not called me back yet about the iud anyway
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i'm not gonna get the morning after pill. if im pregnant i will be happy. i cant afford the dr but if i am pregnant, we are gonna move into a cheaper place and do what we can to afford the baby. i kinda jsut mean i cant afford to have the blood pregnancy test at the dr cuz then i'd have lab fees and blood fees and dr fees and i'd never get done paying it all......
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You can get a pee test at the dr. That is what they usually start with. They dont routinely do a blood test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The morning after pill would KEEP you from GETTING pregnant, just like the IUD was supposed to do, just like the pill is supposed to do, just like condoms are supposed to do. It's not like you're pregnant yet and aborting the fetus... implantation takes time, and if you take the morning after pill in the 1st 72 hours (I believe) then it STOPS a pregnancy from ever taking place.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• after having an iud put in it takes a while to become furtile again.
    your not pregnant if it just fell out
    i had my iud in for about 1 1/2 years. took it out and COULDNT get pregnant for 6 months. finally concieved my boy.
    i also had no period with it in.
    so dont owrry your not pregnant
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i have heard u can return straight to fertility after having the iud taken out. but i just got my period so i really dont think im pregnant
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009