How many friends do you have?

Just wondering how many friends the average mom has. I am 44 years old married for 23 years and have 3 kids and I have come to the realization that I have no friends. I have people I talk to at functions/kids stuff but not anyone I can just call or email and tell about my day. Is this unusual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm 22 years old. Married for just over one year. I have 2 little boys that are not brothers and i have never given birth. and i have no friends.
    I have a few acquaintances and a few potential friends. ...but nothing ever comes of it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• 27 years-old, Married, one child 18mo. I have as many friends as I want/need. Enough :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am 22 years old, married 3 years with 2 little boys. I have 2 person that i can just call and chat with about anything. 1) We have been bestfriends elementary school, she also happened to marry my big brother so she's my SIL also. 2) She is my neighbor, I met het when we moved into our house about a year and half ago. We go out every once in a while and go sdo kareoke or something and ither times we just sit in on of our driveways after the kids have gone to sleep and just talk for hours. But other than them, my mother and my husband. I think you get to a point in you rlife when everything just bacomes ALL about your kids. You just have to make the time and the effort to doing "grown up" things with other "grown ups" lol I was driving my self crazy for a while because my SIL lives 5 hrs away so i made a point to have girl time with my neighbor.... I am proud to say I am no longer going crazy! lol
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I"m 39 & have some people I call friends but I no longer have a "best" friend. My husband is pretty much my best friend. My best friend dropped me for reasons unknown after 18 yrs. It was pretty devastating to me. (this was about 5 1/2 yrs ago now) I doubt I will ever again have a real close woman friend. I have some friends who are women but we dont "hang out" & I dont feel comfortable just calling them up to chat or when I need a shoulder to cry on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm 35, DS 17 mos. Not married, yet. I have one friend whom i'd say I'm closest to. Our children are 6 mos apart and we share similar parenting styles. Other than that, my other friends are people I used to be close to b4 baby, but see once in a while to get together.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• military mom. we move every 2-3 yrs so its impossible to make good friends. we leave everyone.

so i ahve temporary friends per duty station and nto very many
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 6:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• you have to be a friend first in order to have friends. get off the computer and get out in society and meet some real people. start talking to people, start being nicer to people.
    these kind of posts just kill me, i don't get it. how is anyone supposed to be your friend? are you out in society? are you kind and friendly to other women? are you doing anything other than CM and housework? ughhhh........people aren't going to swarm your house because you are at home alone wondering why you don't have friends, ya know?
    you have to be a friend first, try that. Let me know how it works.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am 33 yrs old...married for almost 10yrs and have 3 children. I am lucky enough to have a handful of friends that I have known and loved and trusted since I was a kid. My very best friend is more like my sister...indeed I call her family. We have been together for almost 25yrs. I would be lost without her. She is not just my friend, she is my confidante, my partner in crime and a second mother to my children. We celebrated our long friendship by getting matching tattoos. Honestly, I believe even if I had no other friends in my life, as long as I have this one, TRUE friend, then I'm luckier than anybody in the world with thousands of friends.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OP here - to jewjewbee, if you reread the question I wasn't asking for a friend just stating that I don't have any close friends. Not sure I really want any because in the past most of them have been judgemental (just like you seem to be) without knowing facts. How do you know if I am nice to people or not. I am one of the nicest and most kind person that you would ever know. Also, you don't know the circumstances as to why I am not "out in society" as you like to put it. I didn't ask for a solution just asked how many friends people have. Enjoy you day.
    Anonymous