what would you do

Just found out my ex isn't living 100 miles away and infact has moved back into town to live with another girl he got pregnant before I had our son.He (my son's father) was kicked out of grad school, and has been living here for over a month. 15 min away. We've been in contact via emails, but not once has he said ANYTHING about being back here, and acts like he's still in school. One of the biggest issues was that he spend time with our son, as soon as he move back to the area, and he promised he would. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and well... he's been back and nothing. Yet he is raising his daughter. Not only that but his girlfriend is on assistance , that he is reaping the benefits of, as she never claimed him as the father. WTF, is it wrong for me to not want my son around this drama? As he deserves much better than this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• NO you arent wrong for not wanting your son around the drama! It will only make him that much more confused. You do what you NEED to do for you son!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You are definetly not in the wrong for wanting to keep your son out of the drama. Personally, if the bio-father doesn't want to take the time to be with his son, you can't exactly force him. I was in a similar situation with my son's father but I have since gone after him for his rights and they have been terminated. The story behind that is a long and drawn out one but truthfully, my son is better off not knowing that his bio-father didn't want to take the time to be with him. Right now, he has a Daddy who loves him and spends time with him no matter what. I think you are doing the right thing by wanting to keep your son out of that drama. Nothing good will come of it at all. If his bio-father is not wanting to take the time to be a father, I would remove any and all right he has to the child to ensure your child's well-being. Best of luck to you, mama, and I hope things improve soon!
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• you are definitely not wrong for wanting to keep your son from getting involved with this situation. if his father does not want anything to do with him, i wouldn't force the issue. not that you can force someone to be a father anyway, but i'm sure your son is better off. Maybe you can take him to court and have him sign over his rights? I wouldn't want my son involved in this either and i'm sorry you're going through this.
    RNmama09

Answer by RNmama09 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You are all right :) , but it just amazes me how he can move back into town and lie about not being here. As if I wouldn't find out. - Hope my son doesn't inherit his fathers lack of common sense.
    luvububee

Answer by luvububee at 3:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• lol ps I am anonymous
    luvububee

Answer by luvububee at 3:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009