Transitioning form Swing to crib???

I would love some helpful tips on transitioning my 5 month old from her swing to the crib please. I have been trying for awhile but she just doesnt like it. Im out of ideas.

Allie120

Asked by Allie120 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's going to be tough if she's used to sleeping while being constantly rocked and in a semi-sitting position to put her down laying flat and still. Try letting her stay int he swing at night, but use the crib for naps during the day - put her down when she's exhausted and too tired to care where she is. Once she gets used to napping in the crib, start introducing it at bedtime too. You might find that she'll start the night in the crib and then fuss later - move her, but then go back to the crib the next day. After a week or two of switching, it should get easier. Good luck!!!!!!!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We just had to DO it and not look back. We actually took the swing to the MIL's house so we wouldn't be tempted. We started a routine at the same time and we did CIO. It was hard but it only lasted about 2 or 3 nights. We also followed the advice of the previous poster for a few weeks...but once it was gone, it was GONE. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Great suggestions. I will be going to PA for 6 days and she will be woithout a swing. Maybe that will help her too!
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 7:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009