What is the best way to move on after divorce ?

Me and my husband were married for 5 yrs and I was completely in love with him and all that good stuff ... and we are now seperated but i find it extremely hard to let go of my feelings for him in order to actually be with someone else and feel that way about that person the way i felt about my husband . So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what they may have went through !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• You're right, he will always be in your life. I think you should focus on finding you again. it's easy to get lost in a marriage and then the pain afterwards. Take time and money and soil yourself. It will benefit you and your children. Make a pact with yourself that when you finally feel like you are YOU again, then you can start to date. It's lonely, but surround yourself with friends and family that can help. Your best revenge is to take your life back and be a strong beautiful woman again. Good luck!
    ny_momof3

Answer by ny_momof3 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Time helps. Therapists say it takes at least 5 years to get past a lot of the pain. For me it's been that long and I'm over a lot of it, maybe even most of it, but I still have pain. I have remarried and I love him completely, but I don't think I'll ever love anyone like I loved my first husband. I'll probably never trust anyone fully again either. My ex cheated and lied to me, he broke my heart.
    Good luck! Things will get better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yeah .. My friends tell me that i need to be alone for awhile but it gets so lonely that i miss that companionship . My husband talked to woman online behind my back and lied to me as well ... He was a sex addict . Trust is a big issue with me as well because i had an ex boyfriend who wanted to come back in my life but i found myself constantly questioning him being so timid . I want so badly to just not be this way . me and my husband have 2 kids together so i worry if the anger will ever go away since he will always be in my life because of the kids .
    AutismMom315

Answer by AutismMom315 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009