When do you break out the Christmas music?

I love Christmas, and already can't wait for it, but I try to wait til at least the week before Thanksgiving to start listening to holiday music. Anyone doing it any earlier?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The day after Thanksgiving, we start decorating for Christmas and it all comes out! I can't wait!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oh I decorate with everything except the tree the week before Thanksgiving so I've got a nice festive house for our Thanksgiving party.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My MIL will enjoy a good Christmas carol any time of the year. no kidding. go over there for dinner in the middle of june or july ...maybe february or april ...doesn't matter. But there's Christmas music playing out of the speakers if that's what she feels like listening too. lol
    yea. she can be a bit extreme! but i love her.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Day after thanksgiving
    my family and I listen to music and decorate for christmas! we get it all pretty ^_^ I can not wait! it will take forever to get to there X_X
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I refuse to start celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I can't believe people are starting to put out decorations already! I know stores are just trying to extend the Christmas season to stay in the black, but it's really out of control when we haven't even gone trick or treating yet and there's already Christmas lights up!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Around Thanksgiving. Usually by then the neighborhood is getting all festive so I get in the mood. I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving, though. I don't understand people that put their Christmas decorations up as soon as Halloween ends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I avoid listening to Christmas music as long as possible, I get tired of it after about a week. I'm the same with all the other festive stuff, we don't decorate until the start of the Christmas break at school (usually about a week before). The only exception is choir practice, we have been working on our Christmas music for about a month.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We have a radio station here that starts playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. Not just the occasional song, but 24 hours a day all the way through Christmas Day. I just can't listen to it that early. You get sick of it by Thanksgiving.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009