Im having an extremly hard time losing weight...

Im 26, have 2 daughters 10 months apart (18 months and 8 months totally unplanned) and I am a lil over 200 lbs.-I use to be 135 to 140 lbs....What can I do to lose weight faster and does the Acai Berry stuff or the lap-band actually work? Ive also been thinking about getting lipo because I HATE my body and its affecting alot of things in my life! Any suggestions?

nikkireed18

Asked by nikkireed18 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• I started out 140 -145lbs and got up to 204 the day before I delivered (I'm over 5'9"). Six months later I lost it all, and 9 months later I was down to 134! I've since put on a little more muscle and lost more body fat and I'm around 142 now. Healthy eating and exercise! Look into the Abs Diet or the Eat Clean Diet, they are more healthy eating lifestyle changes then diets. Start exercising, walking, exercise videos, lifting weights, etc. You can start be joining the Work it Out Sexy Mama group on here it's very helpful if you're just starting out!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well my deal is I have a bulge in my lower back and my hips have been killing me. The Dr cant tell me whats wrong exactly but the point is I have tried working out with Wii Fit, (which I know quite of few ppl that have lost weight with that) Home Workouts, and I havent been eating sugar and have been just eating grilled chicken or baked and salad and lots of veggies and such...Ive done it for about a month now and I keep GAINING weight. I had my thyroid checked and its fine...any other suggestions?
    nikkireed18

Answer by nikkireed18 at 2:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Are you on any type of BC?..sometimes that affect your ability to lose weight...I know it did me. I had the mirena IUD..got it removed a months ago, and since then I have lost 7 lbs..
    mcdthree

Answer by mcdthree at 2:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yea Im on Ortho Tricyclen Lo...I dont think its my BC tho because I just started taking this like 2 wks ago and my Dr has switched me 3 times already!
    nikkireed18

Answer by nikkireed18 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Eat Clean diet by Tosca Reno, and lifting weights. Pills do not work. That berry is a rip off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• This is going to sound stupid, but you have to burn more calories than you eat. Even if you're eating salads and chicken - are you putting salad dressing on the salad? cheese? croutons? Several people I know have done low carb diets (South Beach, Atkins, etc), but it seems like the minute they stop the weight comes right back.
    I have the WiiFit and have found that it doesn't get my target heart rate up into the "burn" phase, and for me home workout DVDs don't either. I have to physically go to a class to get that. I know it's hard with two little ones, maybe you could find a class at night while your dh is home with the kids - sometimes the Y has inexpensive classes, or my church even offers a low impact aerobics for cheap.

Answer by missanc at 7:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Wii Sports Active is a lot better then the Wii Fit. A lot more people have lost weight with the Active than with the wii fit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm having a real hard time losing weight too. I'm typically healthy. I'm about 15-20 lbs over weight, but it really shows on my 5'1" frame. I cannot wear anything to show my "figure" all you'll see is a bulging mid section (that's where i carry it all). I eat well (sure i could do a lil better), but i never eat fast food, i prepare all my own meals. I try so hard to lower my calories & sugar. I walk to work every day, walk back home for lunch, then walk BACK to work....and back home again at 5. That totals to about 45 min walk 5 days a week. Obviously, this is not enough. Obviously, i need to either work out more, or eat much less. I'm stressing. Wedding day is May 15th. I'm w/ ya....i want Lipo. Between work full time, & being a mother....how does one find more time to exercise?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009