Do I need to have a "condition" to get it?

NO BASHING!! I don't have insurance and I'm falling apart. I do have the select plan for women but that's only for gyn. and birthcontrol. I want to try to get medicaid bu twith the way things are right now would I need a pre-existing/previously diagnosed condition? My left foot & wrist bones and/or tendons are all messed up, my ears are draining clear fluid have no wax and hurt, I keep getting a stabbing pain in the left side of my head, my back is KILLING me (since my baby was born 14 months ago). I need to get fixed, I'm so uncomfortable I can barely function anymore!

Would this get me med. assistance if I just tell them or... I dunno what do I need to do?

again no bashing please, I'm miserable this is the only option right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can try -- if not Medicaid, you may be able to get on some other state-funded health plan. Seriously research and look into it!!
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 2:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Low income or no income you sure can get it!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I deal with the medicaid system all the time with the teen moms I work with. I know from a worker for the medicaid office, that it is income based and as long as you are low income, you can qualify. However, she did say that most states are cutting back on what they cover for adults. I know vision and dental plans for adults are being cancelled in many states and others are cutting on how much they cover per year. And, sad but true, it is easier to get it when you are pregnant, but many women are getting cut just 2 months after having babies. Best thing to do: be honest. Tell them why you are needing to apply, how much your family makes and why you currently do not have/cannot get insurance. All states have guideliness for qualifing but witht he economy today, almost everyone can get some coverage. If you have more questions feel free to PM me, I use to do a lot of billing for Medicaid and might be able to help! Good luck!
    Garciamommyof3

Answer by Garciamommyof3 at 3:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2009