Ok, the whole entire time you were growing up. Did you EVER actually KNOW someone who has died from a flu?

I can honestly say I do now. I'm really getting freaked out about it now. One of my friend's sister has died. Confirmed pneumonia due to the H1N1.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• Nope, never.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Two people. A girl in my first grade class a LONG time ago, the other was a girl at our church. Both from the pneumonia that developed because of the flu.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I myself a few a years ago almost died from the flu. I was 30 at the time, and it started out as allergies, that turned into a sinus infection, then broch. that was border line pneumonia. They ran some test to see why I wasn't getting better, because I was taking some antibiotics. Found out I had influenza. I was sooo sick and I even ended up in the ER with a temp. of 105 degrees. They put me on Tamiflu at a high dosage and in about two weeks I was doing better. It took another couple of weeks to recover completely. I ended up missing a total of about two months of work during this whole time. 

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• P.S. I am sorry to hear about your friend's sister. My prayers are with you. Don't panic though. There are steps to help protect yourself from even the flu. And don't wait to go to the doctor either. If you are sick for more then about 3 days, GO TO THE DOCTORS.

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My dad almost died from influenza A back when I was a little girl and I almost died while pregnant with my almost 3 year old from the flu.....
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 5:48 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I dont think I know of anyone ever even having the flu. I know some people who say they had the flu to get out of work or school, but not actually have it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• not personally, but my mom has co-workers and their children who are in the hospital now due to the pneumonia that rapidly sets in due to this particular strain. :-(

Prevention (shots) when possible everyone! Along with hand washing...LOTS of hand washing!
    almemoore

Answer by almemoore at 7:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• well sort of..my grandfather died from a reaction from the flu shot. Does that count?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• no
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 7:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Nope never did, and I didn't know anyone who died from the flu when I worked in the medical field either. I used to be a nurse and worked in doctor's offices and a dialyisis clinic and never knew one person that died from the flu.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2009