Can't sleep Is anyone else having this problem!

My mind is racing I have 3 little girls that I have to get up with every morning. But I am so tired I bearly am there from being awake all night, Anything that helped you?

nicoal4

Asked by nicoal4 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• warm milk. with a lil flavor of vinnilla. helped me..im only up because a friend/cafemom member called at 2 am saying she is starting labor so now im up waiting for the next call to go to hospital ( im gonna be in delivery room with her and her husband. ) cant wait.. but i know how u feel i was pregnant and not sleeping and had to get up with 3 girls get them ready for school, and one child my stepdaughter was only in school for 2 hours then home with me. so i feel for you hunny..xo i hope u are able to get some rest try the warm milk or even hot coco.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would meditate every night, right after dinner. The goal was to clear my head and go without a thought for longer and longer times each night. The only thought I would allow myself was my focus thought. Most often I thought about a sunset on a beach. I also journaled a lot. Right before bed time I'd write down all my thoughts and feelings of the day, it helped big time. Still does as a matter of fact.
    Also try to get some minor exercise at least in the afternoon sun, the key part being sunlight. Even if it means taking your girls outside and letting them do homework on the porch. I can guarantee they'll get a better sleep too. Afternoon and early evening sun signals to your body that it's time to begin the process of sleep, which begins HOURS before you even lay down. Also remove the TV from your room if there is one. This is part of good sleep hygene. If you find that you can't sleep (cont)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• after 15 minutes of laying down, get up for ten. Read an easy going book or write some more. Or just walk around your home, DO NOT watch tv or get on the computer. Go lay down for another 15. Try to estimate the time because you don't want to be constantly watching the clock. It's best to have it not facing your bed. Regularly checking the clock can cause anxiety, making sleep harder. Most of all have a set routine. Add in little things that you do at the exact same time every night. This trains your body into knowing when it should get ready to sleep.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009