My dog puked again. All over the couch! What should I do? (I have already cleaned up the puke. :) )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pets

• Give him/her some water, make sure she's hydrated. Don't feed her anything tomorrow, just give him/her plenty of fluids. Try pedialyte: mix 1 part pedialyte to 4 parts water.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• How many times has she vomtied? it may be time to visit the vet. I would not feed her anything today and try to makes sure she is drinking water and keeping that down also. She may already be dehydrated and need fluids.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If the vomit was white and foamy-ish, that's a signal for worms... try deworming her and see if that stops it.

Fair warning though, all my animals slobber and puke when I use the worm meds.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:20 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes, I agree with taking her to the vet if she has vomitted multiple times. After fasting her for 24 hours (make sure she is getting plenty to drink), try feeding her a bland diet of boiled chicken or beef and rice for a couple of days then SLOWLY introduce her back to her regular food over a few days.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2009