When should I go to the ER with Contractons?

So I have a question, probably stupid. If I am haveing contractions 7-8 minutesappart for an hour straight. No pain really, just the discomfort of the tightening and not being able to breath. This is my second pregnancy and I had a c-section the first time. Even though i have no pain but am haveing these contractions should I go into the womens delivery ward to get checked? I was dialated half a centimeter at the last visit which was a week ago and the baby was laying sideways. I've had mild cramps earlier today like a period.. but thats pretty much it.. besides the insomnia. My water hasn't broke yet and the contractions aren't unbearable just highly uncomfortable. Baby seems to be very active and jumpy.. and ill go about 30 min to an hour with no contractions then they will start being regular again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• unless there is some medical reason you have to have a c-section, i would just wait until i was in active labor so i could have a trial of labor for vbac, but you should probably call your OB ahead of time and discuss that. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i would call your doctor or the hospital. they would know what to do and don't mind you calling. i'm 39w4d and i've had false labor 3 times. i went in the first time and called the other two. they'll know exactly what needs to be done. good luck and God bless your LO
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 3:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wait until they are 3 minutes to go but then again my hospital is only 5 minutes away :)
    I'd say it depends on how away the hospital. If it's an hour away i'd go already.
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 4:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2009