To the people who aren't Christian What if...

What if the Bible is true and God does judge you? What if hell is real and you end up there? In all honesty you can't know for sure that the Bible is not true. So if it is true what will you tell God at your judgement? So you know now what the Bible says about Jesus dying for you so that your sins are forgiven and that believing this asking God to forgive you and turning away from your sin you can have eternal life. So you choose not receive God's gracious gift and the penalty is eternal death in the Lake of fire. If God asks you why you denied Him. what will you say? Do you really want to end up in Hell if this is all true? Please take a minute to really think about this as truth and tell me your answers even if you don't believe just think of it hypothetically.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• GOD'S WORD ROCKS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I think the first thing I would say is, "If you really do love your people so much, and you're so forgiving and 'wonderful,' then why would you even create a place to punish those who found another path more fulfilling and peaceful?"

I just don't get how the Christian God can be so forgiving and loving and sentence non-believers to an eternal place of punishment for simply not finding peace within that particular religion. So much of Christianity has been corrupted over time, and truly, no one knows anything about anything.

What if the Bible is wrong? What if Christianity is wrong? I'd rather have peace than scared religion, because I think that following a religion based on fear is worse than anything else, religiously speaking.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• What if the bible was not true? what if Jesus is NOT the son of God and did NOT die for your sins. what if you are making God angry every time you give Him a son. how would YOU stand on the day of judgement and answer that question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I choose to believe and worship the way I do do because I have the freedom to do so. Your God gave everyone free will right? Well then, I really wish people would stop going against their Christian God, by trying take our free will away. If your God is real, then I will simply say thanks for creating me, I love life, and thanks for my wonderful family. By the way, how do you know MY Gods aren't real? Mine were here before the Christian God.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I believe in the bible but do not attend any church because I do not believe in religion. I believe in god and I pray, but I unlike alot of religious people do not believe this make me worthy of god or that this makes me a good person or ensures me a spot in heaven. I believe being a good person will get me into heaven my god will have mercy on those who are good. Those who live his word whether they know it or not. I believe my god is a merciful god. However think of this what if you are wrong? Just because you know his word or you preech it does not mean you live. Preeching it with out living it makes you fake so do you think he would prefer a fake or a good kind person. I believe I live his word even if I don't cram it down some ones throats "trying to save them". I believe I will be with god in death. If I am wrong that is ok because I comfortable with me choices. Even if I go to hell the devil may not have me heart!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• What if I'm right and you're wrong, and you're headed to the darkest corner of helheim for being an oathbreaker and not obeying the nine noble virtues?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Exactly , like others said, What if it is you who have it wrong ? And you end up standing before your God, blamewothy for rejecting his message and turning away from the true path. With no excuse.

May God guide us all to his light and truth, and save us all from the day when the people will be judged. I certainly hope on that day I will be amongst those who receive his mercy. After much searching and reading and thinking and contemplating and discussion, and argument, I arrived at the belief of Islam.

How many other religions / beliefs / ideas / philosophies / have you studied to make sure that you are certain that you are on the right path.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 4:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Like others have said, you don't know that you're right but I'll play along for now.  I would tell your god that I've lived a good life (which he should know) and if he would rather accept blievers who have violent criminal records or who are bitchy and judgemental over non-believers who live a good life then he is seriously twisted and I want nothing to do with him, so I'll take my chances thanks.

Also, I don't sin since I don't hurt anyone or infringe on another's rights, nor do I deny human nature so I have nothing to be saved from.  If your god doesn't like it then that is his problem not mine!

Sorry if your fear tactics aren't working but nice try!  Back to the drawing board you go.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• IF there is even a GOd and IF he happens to be the exact God according to the Christians, then I'd run the other way, regardless of what he says. I want no part of this God, that is so vengeful and jealous and hateful. (which, IMO, goes against the very tenents of beinga God)

But, if there were a God and he was very much the love and light that I believe a God would be....I have absolutely NO doubt in my heart that I live my life as he would like. My life is lived with love in my heart, and light for all to see. I hold no ill will and do not judge others, esepecially for their beliefs. (at least I try to on a daily basis)

I know that I come as close to living a peaceful life that any God would like me too....and would welcome me, rather than damn me to hell. How silly!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• " So you choose not receive God's gracious gift and the penalty is eternal death in the Lake of fire. If God asks you why you denied Him. what will you say?"

Why would any God want people to accept this "gift" when clearly it is done out of fear, and not truly done with a heart of acceptance and love? Doesn't God want people to come to him on their own, within their hearts? Why does a God need to threaten people in order to get them to worship him? Doesn't THIS seem a bit, wrong? What if you have it all wrong? What if using this "fear tactic" is the exact opposite of what he wanted.....but instead wanted all to live as Jesus the man did. With love and light, forgiveness and acceptance of any and all? and that by living truly in this way, you open yourself up to any and all God/s that could possibly be. Maybe that was Gods intention all along...free will to open your heart; not close it to judgments and manipulation.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2009