Can i still drink Caffine while pregnant?

My bf has been on my case about giving up pop and coffee since we found out i was pregnant and its bugging the shit out of me. I need the pop and coffee to deal with life. I dont sleep well and it helps keep me up during the day.

PoisonIvy1369

Asked by PoisonIvy1369 at 4:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can have caffiene just in limited amounts. i believe baby center has a calculator on their webiste (babycenter.com) that will tell you if you consume too much for a pregnancy. usually one medium sized coffee or one 20 oz pop is okay. i limit myself to one can of coke per day and maybe a little chocolate. just remember, caffiene is in a lot more than people realize. you can have it, just not in big proportions.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 5:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I drank caffine my whole pregnancy. but I also drank a whole lot of water
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 5:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• yes you can. i'm having my cup of coffee as we speak and i'm 28 weeks. it's true though you're only allowed either 1 cup OR 1 can of soda, and you do need to drink water to replace the amount you've had.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yep sure can. All 3 of mine I drank it too. Next time he bugs you throw up there that unless he's giving this stuff up too, then to lay off!
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My DH got on me my first 2 pregnancies about drinking coffee. I only drank one cup, maybe 2 and not every day. Now im in my 4th pregnancy and he doesn't say much anymore. You can drink pop and coffee, just in moderation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I love my coffee, even while pregnant. I did cut down to no more than 2 a day.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• my doctor advised me to keep it to two cups a day. Studies show that caffeine in large doses can be harmful to your baby. I'd try to limit it to two beverages a day. Talk to your doctor about it. They can help you mange your sleep issues in a more healthy way. Simple exercise during the day can help you rest better at night and it's good for your baby. Pregnancy is a great motivator to form healthier habits for your life.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had to eliminate most of the caffeine because my iron levels were on the low end and dark sodas, coffee and tea can prevent proper absorption of iron. So I drink 1 glass maybe twice a week. Under normal circumstances, my doc says two cups of coffee per day is ok.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 8:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I drank sodas all through all three pregnancies... just make sure you drink plenty of water dehydration can put you in to pre-term labor
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 9:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• As long as it's in moderation then there should be no problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:16 AM on Oct. 27, 2009