Co-sleeping PLEASE HELP!!

How do you transition a 6 month old from co-sleeping to her crib? My daughter is about to be 6 months old. When she was born it was easier for me to keep her in bed so that way if she woke up I could breast feed. Well I quit breast feeding at 9 weeks. Yet still kept her in bed with us. I have no intimacy with my dh unless I fake her out with a pillow by her side. Any suggestions?

babygirl52709

Asked by babygirl52709 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait until she's asleep and gently move her to her crib... keep doing that for about a week, she'll get used to waking up there.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• As soon as I try to put her down she wakes up. Someone suggested letting her cry herself to sleep a couple times. I can't do that.
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You can get her something in her crib, its like a little baby movie maker lol, it attaches on the side and lights up and makes noise.. and try swaddling her in her crib so she's all tight and feels secure... Also, put her in her crib for any nap you can get.. and spend some time playing in there so she gets used to it... they say not to put stuffed animals with them but if u found one small enough not to suffocate her and big enough to make her feel like she's not alone then it might do the trick.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wonder if you put a heating pad in the crib to warm it up, if that would help. I wouldn't leave it in with the baby, but just to warm up the mattress. Maybe she wouldn't wake up when you switched her.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Its easier to do now then when she can stand up and cry in the crib. And/or get out of the crib and climb back into your bed.

A little bit of CIO won't hurt her. You can tell by her cry if she is just mad or really needs you. Try it for five minutes, then go in, don't pick her up and just rub her back until she falls asleep.
    The earlier you transition her in age to the crib the easier it is. The older , the harder. Take the time now to do it.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Honestly, I never thought I would be able to let DS CIO, but once I established nothing was wrong with him, I did it. The first couple of nights it was 20 minutes of the worst crying hell, but after that, no problems, ever. He was nine months old and he has slept in his crib ever since. I can put him down awake and he will just lay there and talk himself to sleep. Before that we co-slept.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2009