Screaming with crazy force before bedtime

When my daughter (5 months) is tired, she screams and screams and screams until she falls asleep. I've tried so many things. But I need some advice. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter does the same thing. I hold her with her head towards the bend of my elbow and use my other had to light rub my fingers up and down her cheek or pat her butt
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 5:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Maybe you need to change the bed time situation, Start out with warm bath and get her fun all out, give her a bottle, not laying in bed with a bottle but feed it to her, and she should with any luck slowly fall asleep.

She might be hungry, or she's just trying to fight going to sleep... maybe when she's tired find something to distract her from her figuring out she's about to take a nap..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Maybe if she just finished about 5 minutes ago. she still needs to let out a burp or two. Sometimes babies take a while to let everything all out.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My son does the same....I lay him on my chest and pat his butt and sing to him. My son is 6wks old and ever since he was in my tummy hes had a favorite song! Its "poker face" by lady ga ga. so i just have to sing that song over and over and over again to get him to go to bed...but hey it works!
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 9:57 AM on Oct. 27, 2009