My DD is burning up but...

According to the thermometer she doesn't have a high fever. What should I do?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• how old is she?
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 6:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• She's two and a half
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If she is complaining that someting is wrong then I would give her some tylenol just in case something is wrong with your thermometer. Even if she doesn't have a temp a little tylenol isn't going to hurt her. Maybe she got too hot under the blankets?
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Give her a luke warm bath with some bubbles, and motrin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• What kind of thermomiter are you using? Could be it is broke or just being used right.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We just got this thermometer that you just press against her timple.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The temporal artery thermometer doesn't always read correctly if the child is sweating from the fever. The moisture would throw it off. Try starting at the center of the forehead and scanning across the temporal artery, then pressing the thermometer right behind the ear before releasing the scan button and reading it. That's going to be the most accurate reading on that type of thermometer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• BTW I'm sure you know this, but just because of the way you worded your response, I want to add it anyway. The temporal artery thermometers aren't just pressed against the forehead, but scanned over the temporal artery. As in, press the scan button and hold it down as you slide the tip from the center of the forehead across the temporal artery toward the ear and hairline.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009