Did it backfire?

Nielsen says Fox News ratings up almost 10% since Obama and the White House declared war.
To put it in even more perspective: “Red Eye,” at 3 a.m. on FOX, is beating Campbell Brown at 8 p.m. on CNN.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have to know what they were trying to accomplish to know if it backfired. I don't trust a thing these people do so it's hard for me to determine my opinion on that. If they sincerely wanted people to stop watching Fox, then yes it backfired. I'm not so sure that was the point though.

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Your Prez is a loon.

Everyday, all over the TV.
    A communist loon.
    With only good things in mind for the little people masses.
    A narcissist....................

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would think vieweship is up because new viewers are tuning in to see what the contraversey is all about regarding Obama and Fox. Time will tell if these new viewers like what they see or not.

Answer by Phase3 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Maybe, deep down, the Obama administration wanted to boost Fox's ratings. LOL I find it amusing that their campaign to marginalize Fox has backfired.

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

The above site is from the huffington post about the ratings of the cable news networks, what I find to be funny is the comments from people at the bottom of the page as to why fox ratings has beaten all the others, they will come up with any thing for their reasoning. LOL

Answer by MaryJane849 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Grace, newsflash!!! he is your President too!!!!!!!!whether you approve or not!

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Wow mary..those excuses WERE funny!! They run the gamut huh. Basically though the running theme seems to be, only idiots watch Fox news. Yes, that makes sense to me, follows right along the lib talking points on EVERYTHING else. As long as you agree with them you are enlightened and intelligent, disagree and you need to be shut up and shut down and you are just ignorant. HHhmmmmm, wonder why the conservative movement is sick of it and coming out swinging.

Answer by momof030404 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I really do not think, most people here in the USA will ever bow down to Obamas narcism and do what he says to do.....he is not the BOSS.

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Momof, that is exactly it. Post an AP article off Fox and some libs whine like babies. Post the exact same AP article off MSNBC, and it's 100% believable to them.  Seems to me it's the libs who show irrational bias. 

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

older, NEWSFLASH!!! He isn't MY president, he is THE president. I didn't elect him and neither did Grace.

I can't believe Red Eye is beating anything! I watched it a couple of times while we had SF. I just didn't care for it. I do find it interesting that people have left what was once considered "the media" for a single network.

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009