I don't think this is too much to ask! Early morning rant

We live in the country and all our family/friends live in the city besides my mom&dad who pretty much live next door. Rather than the inlaws or close friends driving out here they expect us to drag a 3 year old, 10 month old and my 7 month pregnant self out there. I mean is that unfair? Am I being bitchy or asking too much that if they wanna see if they can inconvenience themselves rather then 2 children? I'm sure you know how crappy it is to mess up a baby's schedule... not good. Granted, they live about half an hour away but it's principle. My inlaws actually blame me for my 10 month old "not liking" them since she never sees them.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree.. I ended up with the same problem with my babies father where he was stationed at ft bliss and I was at ft carson a very long ride, lol. So anyways he a told me if my baby don't know his father it was my fault because my almost due butt was too lazy! I laughed in his face and told him he sounded retarded and respectful let him know I was getting off the phone! Lol! Trust me if they want to see the kids they would its not your oblication to force your kids to drive long miles to see people that won't take effort and time to see your kids!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 8:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I want to add, that if I happen to be on that side of town for whatever reason I always call them up and see what they're doing. But I don't think I should have to just drive out there & back for no reason except they're too lazy to drive here.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am kind of mixed on this one. Yes, if family want to see you they need to make the effort and remember how hard it is to get out and about with little ones and their schedules. However I think that you need to make an occasional effort too (and maybe you have!). It has to go both ways, but when things don't work out for you, then family should be understanding of that and just come out to see you!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:52 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oops! Guess you answered my question!!
    micheledo

• I think you are being unreasonable. Having children and being pregnant doesn't mean the world drops for you and people should do what you want because you don't feel like doing it. I have 3 kids and I know. It's really not that hard. We live in the city and family is out in the boonies. We have no problems driving there when we have too and they drive here too. Why can't you all take turns?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If they make that make again laugh in their face or just respectfully let them know that your children (and you being prego) is difficult to be riding around in differnt weather and distance cause they are to lazy... If they can't move next door or take time from their schedule to come then obviously your kids means nothing to them! Keep it simple let them know you are respectfully letting them go (don't argue) and hang up. They will be furious but know your obligation is holidays unless the weather is bad. Kids and your health always come first not someones smart a** remarks and feelings! Lol good luck mama
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 8:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Don't listen to" him who shall not be named " (anonymous)! She's retard! People should be stoppingat your needs you are almost due and you don't want to stress do to your pregnancy... Don't kiss no one elses but... this situation is to easy!!!! In any relationship whether its dating family or friends! You should always compromise or meet them half way... People can be so retarded! Not you, mama
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 8:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think it should go both ways. They come to your house, then you go to their house. This is what I would say to them. "If you want to see the kids more, you know where we live".

Answer by louise2 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Jmho, i think they see you guys as the ones who moved, so therefor must be the ones to continue to "come back" to visit. Mostly, because they are still there and you are not. The hell with them, live your life like you want. If they truly wanted to see the kids they'd come visit. If sitting their ass in a recliner everday is more important than getting in the car, you can't help that.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• While I believe that if I didn't make the effort that no one would, sometimes it just wasn't happening. Eventually when we did make it to relatives they could see that the children didn't cozy up to them, but they are all less than 3 miles away (not 30 minutes) and YES, children have their own schedules. If they can't make it to see you, then show the kids pics of grandma, talk nice about her, call her on the phone, but the world WOULD stop if I was in your shoes. Maybe invite them over for lunch once a month (pick up some chicken at the store and "home-made" potatoe salad and rolls). Another idea, a little "guilt trip". Have the 3 y/o draw a pic for them, and mail it to them. Big "I Love YOU!" Hand prints, etc. LOL! Then maybe they will come out. LOL!

And, tacky anons should be ignored.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2009